Turkey and Kale Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 13 x 9 x 2 casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat a little bit of vegetable oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions have become translucent. Add the ground turkey and cook over medium-high, stirring constantly, until all of the moisture has evaporated and the meat has browned. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the mushroom soup, heavy cream and Greek yogurt and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle all of the seasonings over the top of the mixture and stir again until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, chopped kale, and ground turkey. Toss together until all three components have been combined.
- Pour the soup cream mixture over the pasta/kale/turkey mixture. Fold and stir to combine well.
- In a buttered dish, scoop the entire mix into the dish and smooth over the top. Sprinkle generously with the Colby Jack cheese. Spray or oil a sheet of aluminum foil and cover the baking dish, oiled side of the foil on the cheese.
- Put the casserole dish on top of a baking sheet, and bake, covered, for 35 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake for an additional 20 minutes, until the cheese has turned melted to a golden brown and the casserole is bubbling.
- Remove casserole from the oven and let cool for about 20 minutes before serving.