Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- Cook the shells in salted boiling water according to package directions. I cooked mine to 12 minutes exactly. Drain and rinse with cold water. Separate the shells from if they have nestled into each other and let cool.
- Heat your oven to 350° F.
- If you are adding the meat mixture, cook the meat with the onions and garlic, then cool.
- Mix the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, salt, pepper, and nutmeg together until well combined. Add the spinach and stir thoroughly so the spinach is even distributed.
- If you are using the meat mixture, add it to the cheese and spinach and fold in to combine well.
- In an 9x9 baking dish, spread about 1 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom. Set aside.
- Using a dinner spoon, stuff a spoonful of the cheese mixture into each shell and then laying it into the prepared dish. Repeat with the remaining shells.
- Cover the shells with the remaining marinara sauce. Cover the marinara sauce with the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and bubbly.